Monday, December 31, 2012

What's Your Theme for 2013?

The end of the year is always a popular time for reflecting on what is going well in our lives and what we would like to improve on.

This year, I have decided to set a one word "theme" for the year. Not a goal or resolution, but something that I really want to focus on that will guide me in my thoughts and actions throughout the upcoming year. I am looking for a theme that I can really dive into whole-heartedly.

Here are some ideas of possible themes for 2013:




Many of these words absolutely ring true for me. If I had to choose earlier in the year I may have chosen trust, faith, embrace, or gratitude.

But what really stands out to me today is Believe. Believe in myself and believe in my dreams even when no one else does. This year, I have had some great role models in the area of belief. Individuals who believed in themselves and their passion enough to make big changes in their lives. They believed there was something wonderful out there for them and courageously are working to make it happen. It has been so inspiring!

 The other word that keeps coming to mind is Voice. This past month or two, I feel as though I have really been finding my voice. Everything in me keeps telling me to write and share my experiences and knowledge and I am loving it! It hasn't always been easy for me to voice my thoughts or beliefs about things even. I still have that little annoying "what will they think/how do I word this?" worry in the back of my mind (it's getting quieter though). If I can focus on finding my voice and learning ways to use it without focusing on the results this theme will have a really positive impact on my life and the lives of others. I will be able to express myself and my opinions freely and that is when great things can happen!

Hmmm... Tough call. So many choices! I thought by writing this post I would be able to make a decision. Turn out I am not quite there yet. Luckily, I still have a little more time before 2013 to figure it out.

Coming up...

*My theme for 2013
*Tips for getting the most out of your theme.

Happy New Year!

In Wellness,



What's theme or vision will guide you in 2013? 
I would love to hear it. Click on the comment button below or click here to comment on Facebook.



Wellness is made of the small choices we make everyday. What have you done today to embrace wellness?




Are you a wellness procrastinator who is ready to Embrace Wellness Now? I am here to help and support you in reaching your goals.

Newsletter: Sign up for my newsletter to receive more wellness tips, tricks and information. I promise I won't bombard you and the information will be worth it! Just click the newsletter button on the right side of the screen. Hope to hear from you soon!

copyright © 2013. Embrace Wellness Now. Sharing with attribution is allowed. All other rights reserved.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy... I'm from the Ultimate Blog Challenge. my theme for this year is to let go of some limiting beliefs. I have to BELIEVE in myself more, and allow myself to let go of old junk that was holding me back in 2012.

Also glad to know that I'm not the only one hearing voices. LOL

Eydie :)

Nikki@WonderfullyWomen said...

So many people are going for this one word idea, that I decided that I must give it a go. My word for 2013 is EASY! The opposite to what 2012 panned out to be :)

Frances Beldia said...

Hey there Amy! Reading the word "believe" in your article is inspiring. I have created a new blog and I just had too many fears--what if nobody read me? what if nobody understood? what if nobody left comments? Heartbreaking, right? But I went down to the core of why I'm blogging and I found my answer. I am deeply in love with writing. There...I think I'm beginning to find my voice. It's not my first blog but it sure is a bit scary starting a new one.

Cheers and fly high!

Alyssa said...

Hi there I'm over from the UBC. My theme for the year is to Be Intentional.

I usually choose one each year! It is fun to do huh?

Mollie said...

I am going to focus on staying in the moment - I tend to always be thinking ahead and I want to focus on enjoying the moment I am in!