Thursday, January 3, 2013

Inspirations: Found Them- Now What?

Ways to Organize Your Inspirations 

So, you've got started on finding your inspirations, now what do you do with them?

 Sort through your collection of inspirations (pictures, quotes, articles, songs, etc.). Then choose the ones that inspire you the most to highlight. Remember these are the ones that make your heart beat a little faster, move you so much it brings you to the verge of tears, empower you to make a difference or make you feel that you can rule the world? You can also look for things that make you happy and make you a smile. Sometimes, the best inspirations may be of a quieter type, providing you with a simple knowing that "all is well... and carry on."

You can keep the other ones in a box or online for later use if you'd like.

Housing Your Inspirations

Photo Credit
1. Use a journal, notebook, photo album or scrapbook to house your favorite inspirations. I actually started this in high school and have recently continued to do it again. You can write, draw or print out images or words that motivate and inspire you. Make it colorful (if you like) and fun. They are great to look at when you need a little pick me up or motivation to keep going.

2. If technology is more your style, there are several sites and programs that you can use including PinterestAnimoto, and Smilebox. Just wanted to include a few to get you started.

3. Create a playlist on iTunes (or whatever music service you use) with your top 7-10 most inspirational songs. I think you can do this on You-tube too. This is your list so make it as sappy as you'd like. When you need a lift, it will be ready for you.

Remember that in order for these to be most useful, they have to be accessible and available when you need them the most.

Your inspiration is waiting!

What are your favorite ways to organize your inspirations? 

I'd love to hear about it.  Click below to leave your reply!


In Wellness,



Wellness is made of the small choices we make everyday. What have you done today to embrace wellness?

Are you a wellness procrastinator who is ready to Embrace Wellness Now? I am here to help and support you in reaching your goals.

Newsletter: Sign up for my newsletter to receive more wellness tips, tricks and information. I promise I won't bombard you and the information will be worth it! Just click the newsletter button on the right side of the screen. Hope to hear from you soon!

Photo Credit: photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinksherbet/5075477519/">Pink Sherbet Photography</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/">cc</a>


Content copyright 2013. Embrace Wellness Now. All rights reserved.
      

5 comments:

Corinne Rodrigues said...

I read your post of yesterday and this one together, Amy and I find them very inspiring and useful. I love to 'gather inspiration' and my computer is overflowing with files of quotes, pictures and stories. Inspiration is truly all around - if only we reach out and get it!

Lori @ Encourage Your Spouse said...

For collecting inspirations I'm kinda addicted to Pinterest... The trouble with Pinterest is that it satisfies a desire without making anything happen.

So to solve this:

My daughter gave me a "smash book" collage/scrapbook for Christmas. I've decided to use it for documenting 2013 - those things I'm going to "do". A book that's inspired me to "do" more this year is Bob Goff's "Love Does".

Janice Gill said...

A great reminder to keep a source of inspiration to hand. Especially useful for getting past a creative block :)

Dr. K. Lee Banks said...

Hi there! I'm way behind on the UBC and trying to catch up; I posted in the thread for the day in the Facebook group, and your post was above mine.

I love this idea of collecting inspirations - I guess my method is a bit unique, because I combine it with my creative business. I imprint pictures, images, and text on fabric, and then incorporate those into items such as quilts, pillows, and bags.

Thanks for a great post!

Dr. K. Lee Banks said...

Hi there! I'm way behind on the UBC and trying to catch up; I posted in the thread for the day in the Facebook group, and your post was above mine.

I love this idea of collecting inspirations - I guess my method is a bit unique, because I combine it with my creative business. I imprint pictures, images, and text on fabric, and then incorporate those into items such as quilts, pillows, and bags.

Thanks for a great post!