Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Themes: Yours and Mine

                           “Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” 
                                                                               ― Brad Paisley

Happy 2013! I am so excited it's finally here!

Can I get a reset? 

I remember when I was younger sitting in my basement playing video games. One thing I love about video games is if something didn't go right in the game or I made a mistake, I could just hit the reset button and start over.

The old game erased and new game awaiting. While life doesn't exactly work like that- a new year is about as close as we can get.

 A fresh start

A blank slate

The promise of wonderful things to come

It doesn't mean we forget what happened in the past. We can always treasure the memories and learn from the tough times. But how nice it is to have a great reason to look toward the future.

As I mentioned yesterday (click here for post), I want to pick a theme for the year that will guide my thoughts and my actions. Yesterday, I was debating between two very noble themes - believe and voice. As of this morning I thought voice was going to be the clear winner. Then I realized that finding and believing in my voice is only a part of something much bigger.

Trust
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikebaird/6827018401/in/faves-75969385@N07/


As important as it is to find my voice, if I don't trust in what it has to say, I won't get very far. As I reflect back throughout the last year I see the issue of trust coming up regularly.

My intention and theme for 2013 is to trust

In myself and my intuition
In my voice
In my dreams
In the goodness of people

and most importantly... 

In the process of life
http://www.flickr.com/photos/powi/1402810863/in/faves-75969385@N07/

To trust in the grander plan that is out there for all of us.  Looking back on my life, I can see that things have always worked out just as they should. But trusting can be easy to forget when things get tough.

I already had the opportunity to put my theme of Trust into place today. My husband and I have an almost unreachable goal we are trying to reach. It will involve some very difficult and life changing decisions. Instead of getting very worked up and upset when I found out that it might be more difficult than I thought I remembered my theme. I put my hopes and dreams out to God and the universe and decided to trust that things would turn out exactly as they are supposed to. It doesn't mean that I won't work my tail off to make it happen, it just means I won't be as attached to the outcome and hopefully will enjoy the ride a little more. I am so excited to see what happens!

Have you chosen the theme, vision or idea that will guide you in 2013? 

Here are 3 tips to help get you started:

1. Grab a pen and some paper and find a quiet spot where you can focus. Try to minimize any distractions. Try to choose a space or place that is peaceful and relaxing. Take some deep breaths and then set your intention of finding the very best theme for you in 2013. Then just listen.

2. Allow any thoughts about your goals or aspirations for 2013 to surface. What thoughts or emotions come up for you? What do you want more of in your life? What do you want to change? What inspires and excites you? Jot those ideas down.

3. Try each theme on in your mind to see how it feels and if it fits. Take it all the way through til January 2014 and see what you think. Imagine all the ways that you can use the theme to guide you. What do you see? How does it make you feel?

If the theme is not coming easily, no worries. Just go about your day and try again when you have the chance. Sleep on it. It may come to you when you least expect it. Some people choose 2 or 3 words. There are no hard and fast rules here. Do what feels right to you.

Good luck and here's to a most fabulous 2013!


In Wellness,



What's theme or vision will guide you in 2013? 
I would love to hear it. Click on the comment button below or click here to comment on Facebook.

Wellness is made of the small choices we make everyday. What have you done today to embrace wellness?




Are you a wellness procrastinator who is ready to Embrace Wellness Now? I am here to help and support you in reaching your goals.

Newsletter: Sign up for my newsletter to receive more wellness tips, tricks and information. I promise I won't bombard you and the information will be worth it! Just click the newsletter button on the right side of the screen. Hope to hear from you soon!


copyright © 2013. Embrace Wellness Now. Sharing with attribution is allowed. All other rights reserved.




1 comment:

Lori @ Encourage Your Spouse said...

Great post - Love your theme of trust and your process to discover a direction.

I choose one word every year to encompass my focus. Last year was "Connect" and this year - 2013 - is "Realize".