Saturday, January 5, 2013

Change of Plans

The past couple weeks I have settled into a nice little morning routine. Get up early (way before the kids usually get up), go downstairs, make some coffee or lemon juice and get on my computer to do work.

I've grown to look forward to my quiet time to check e-mail, read and write blogs, catch up and post on Facebook, etc.

Today, the universe was not having any of it.

I opened my computer and that annoying little spinning wheel appeared. This was followed by the even more annoying "page can't be found" message.

The Internet was not working.... GASP!

I did all the things a non-tech person would do, but to no avail. Clearly, the universe was telling me to try something else. So I decided to listen.

Was it telling me to go back to bed?  Nope!

As I was thinking of my options, I noticed a blank notebook on the table. I had been wanting to get clear on some plans and goals for my business.  Perfect timing. So I found some colorful pens and began.

Writing really helps me when I need to get clear on things. I love the feel of the pen in my hand and ink on a blank, clean and beautiful sheet of paper. I love how my thoughts flow out so smoothly and then being able to hold them in my hand.


After writing for a little while, I felt clearer and ready to start my day.

I tried my computer again and lo and behold- It Worked!

What a great reminder that sometimes it is OK to just unplug. To be with myself, my paper and pens.

When was the last time you had a change of plans that turned out to be just what you needed?

I'd love to hear about it.  Click below to leave your reply!

In Wellness,



Wellness is made of the small choices we make everyday. What have you done today to embrace wellness?

Are you a wellness procrastinator who is ready to Embrace Wellness Now? I am here to help and support you in reaching your goals.

Newsletter: Sign up for my newsletter to receive more wellness tips, tricks and information. I promise I won't bombard you and the information will be worth it! Just click the newsletter button on the right side of the screen. Hope to hear from you soon!

7 comments:

Monick Halm said...

Ahhh, the rainbow wheel of death saves the day. Great story and great reminder to get off the computer and do my morning pages. :)

Amy Dibasilio said...

I started doing morning pages and then got busy with my new business and stopped. I loved hearing Julia Cameron talk about how helpful they are and appreciate your reminder as well! Tomorrow, morning pages it is =)

Susan said...

I love this, Amy! In fact, I'm just about to switch off my computer and go do some planning in my journal! Such a fab post! Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

I love the morning pages.Need to restart them. Thanks for reminding me to get off the computer.

Unknown said...

I love this way of working. I plan, but I also believe in listening to the universe, and when it becomes clear that something else is afoot, I go with it. I figure that the Universe knows a lot more about what is best for me, and has much bigger and better plans than I could possibility imagine, so I trust and go with it. (and then I might just get into the "flow" which is such a deeply cool experience, its worth hooting for!)

Amy Putkonen said...

That happens sometimes to me with the Internet. I just take it as a sign that I need to be doing something else. Good on you for setting some goals and getting some artistic creative expression in at the same time!

Have you seen the Right Brain Business Plan book? It is a book on creating an artistic business plan. You might like it.

Amy Dibasilio said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments! I have not seen the Right Brain Business book, but I am will definitely check it out! Happy journaling everyone!